About the Perth Group
Eleni Papadopulos-Eleopulos 
Valendar F. Turner 
John M. Papadimitriou 
David Causer (Senior Physicist) 
Helman Alphonso 
1) Medical Physics Dept, Royal Perth Hospital, University of Western
2) Emergency Medicine Dept, RPH-UWA;
3) Pathology Dept, UWA;
4) Head, Research Dept, Universidad Metropolitana Barranquilla,
Phone: 6-189-224-2500 voice / 1138 fax
Postal: Royal Perth Hospital, Wellington Street, Perth 6001, Western
THE PERTH GROUP of HIV/AIDS dissidents formed in 1981 at Australia's
Royal Perth Hospital, the teaching hospital for the University of
Western Australia. The thee original members include its leader,
biophysicist Eleni Papadopulos-Eleopulos, emergency physician Valendar
(Val) Turner, and pathology professor John Papadimitriou. Over the
years several others have joined, including UWA physicists Bruce
Hedland-Thomas and Barry Page, Miami, Florida biochemist Todd Miller,
Colombian physician/medical researcher Helman Alphonso, and senior
UWA clinical physicist David Causer. The Perth Group has published
several scientific papers and letters in academic journals, as well
as several which journal editors refuse to publish. You can find
their papers on the web at:
The Perth Group argues that:
1. Researchers have failed to prove that what they
call "HIV" represents a unique, exogenously acquired retrovirus.
2. Researchers have failed to prove that what they
call HIV antibody and viral load tests indicate infection with any
3. Researchers have failed to prove that what they
call HIV causes immune deficiency (destruction of T4 lymphocytes)
or other AIDS conditions.
4. What researchers call HIV cannot transmit to
hemophiliacs via Factor VIII infusions.
5. Researchers have failed to prove that any purported
HIV genome (RNA or DNA) originates in a unique exogenously acquired
6. Researchers have failed to prove that what they
call HIV or AIDS are infectious by any means, including whole blood
or blood-product transfusion, or sexual intercourse.
7. AIDS and the phenomena called "HIV"
result from cellular oxidation caused by various factors, including
several that collectively characterize the AIDS risk groups, and
others which researchers subject to laboratory cells in achieving
what they call HIV "cultures" and "isolations."
8. AIDS will not spread outside the original risk
9. AIDS patient clinical outcome will improve with
cessation of exposure to oxidizing factors and/or use of anti-oxidants.
10. Pharmacological data prove that AZT cannot stop
what researchers call HIV activity and that AZT is toxic to all
cells and may cause AIDS.
The following website includes a debate over HIV isolation/existence
between the the Perth group and Robin Weiss, a scientist who helped
develop the HIV explanation of AIDS: www.virusmyth.com/aids/perthgroup/papers2.html